Accomplished! As usual way more things than were on the list were purchased/sold but I really I made the most progress in the 25+ years seriously pursuing a great sounding synergistic sum of all things from source to my ears than I have ever made.Full room treatment
Schiit Yaggi DAC
Finish up some amplifier builds
Custom two arm plinth TT
I'll give myself a B- on this set of to-do's.2020 looks to be the year I'll finally be able to set up and dial in my super-vintage-mono-system. This is a system I've built out of curiosity more than anything else, assembled piecemeal as different things came up within driving distance and whatever budget I could assemble. What 2020 brings over other years is a change of place - a move to a larger, more permanent place. In progress. (That's a story for another time.)
Here's the to-do list:
Speakers - 1940's RCA Shearer Horn (Slowly) In progress.
-Build crossover Parts Sourced, not yet assembled
-Repair/rebuild horn throat adaptor (I'm considering having a bronze throat cast here in town) Throat repaired.
Amplifier - Western Electric 124F
-Fly to New York to pick up amp from the person who was kind enough to take the rebuild project on In progress.
Turntable - Rek-O-Kut TR-43H (Slowly) In progress.
-Rewire power cord Unfinished.
-Build plinth Plinth design 50% complete.
Really looking forward to hearing these pieces all singing together!
1. Less time in audio forums.
2. Upgraded power from the electrical panel (a big project), with some power conditioning.
3. Maybe some new speaker cables.
4. Listen more, fuss less.
5. Did I mention less time in audio forums?
My 2020 audio plans are.
1. complete the “Prodigal Son” Technics SP-10 MkII.
2. Spruce up the listening space to make it more enjoyable aesthetically and sonically. Room treatments!
3. Demo and acquire a Phono stage with at least 2 inputs flexible enough for a wide range of Carts that also sounds good to me.
4. Rebuild my Digital streaming capability to better match the other sources.
5. Continue to explore Music and different artists. Get back to the music.
*** forgot to add repair broken and refurb my Vintage keepers***
1. repair my amazing Esoteric P2S transport
2. Refurbish the mint Kenwood KA-9100
3. Repair the Kenwood TX-7500
4. Repair the Technics SL-1600
5. Refurbish H.H Scott Tube Tuner and Multiplex
I did finish my 2a3 amps.I too have hit a pretty sweet spot, but the tweeker in me keeps wondering.
I do intend to finish my 2a3 pp amps , become a steamer with a pi , and build another phono pre (design to be determined).
And get side tracked with every shiney object coming along .
Still have time to knock off a few items. It ain’t over till it’s over!Some carried over due to an unexpected move, along with a new one or two added:
1. Build stereo subs to “compliment” the 604’s
2. Buy a tube based or active Pre; thinking bottlehead BeePre or shindo.
3. Put together digital server/hub/streaming setup....
4. Finish eames chair.
5. Finish thorens TD160 plinth.
6. Build two way horn system with JBL components, same with Altec and VS them to see who’s king.
7. Room treatment; bass traps, panels.....
8. Sample higher level integrated amp for ease of use & sound quality comparison; Luxman?