I took a used table that was begging for improvements. Its made from real walnut, has a 24 pole AC synchro motor, but that is about where the nice things ended. First thing I did was remove the crude platter, which was flat plastic with a glued on mat and a center hole that looked like someone's cross-eyed step-sister whittled it out with a pocket knife, missing true center and replaced it with a Pro-Ject acrylic platter. It was a perfect fit and it's overhang hid the polymer sub-platter. Second, I replaced the crude plastic feet with Herbies Isolation feet, which came with brass threads and a mesh interior surrounded by what appears to be smooth nylon. Then I replaced the 20 gauge AC cord which was an insanely long with a 6' brown 16 gauge made by General Electric. Then I replaced the weakest link, which was an entry level Rega RB-100 arm switching it to a more robustly made Rega/Moth RB-330 arm, which came with an underslung counterweight, improved Cardas wire and clips and a much beefier cable and RCA plugs. Finally, I replaced the AT-150 cartridge for an AT OC-9 Series II moving coil unit. My table went from meh to excellent!